Home Forum 1- Topless Topics Content Some notes for everyone about the upcoming future plans for this site and forum!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  klbruenn 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

Cleo
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome to the brand new (and still very much work-in-progress) website! As you can tell, there’s still a lot of work to be done, mostly because I (Cleo) suck at coding and am having to teach myself everything behind every little change, hehe. I’m also exploring different themes, plugins, etc., trying to figure out what works best for the website and doesn’t require a lot of custom coding to get it working. This is all very new territory for me and it’s not helping that so many of these plugins have little to no documentation showing how to use them, so please pardon my slow pace!

If you have any experience in forums or website coding and you want to offer your assistance, then by all means please introduce yourself here and the skills you are offering! The Topless Topics “project” (or whatever you want to call it) is, unfortunately, a donation-driven enterprise, and right now we’re in the sticky place of needing more content before we can expect to start getting advertisers, etc. that might consider paying us enough that we can start hiring people to take over the roles that they are good at. But please know that I’ve been dedicating huge portions of my life to Topless Topics for the past 5+ years, and I’m more serious about this than ever!

In the meantime, please feel free to explore the forum and website, keep a list of changes or questions you have, and I will greatly appreciate that feedback as I figure out how to keep banging it into shape. Thanks so much for being very valued participants in helping me form the Topless Topics community I’ve always wanted to make!

Cleo
    Keymaster

Haha sorry about all the crazy color changes and whatnot you might be experiencing as you use the forum. Seems like every time I try to make what should be a small change, I break half the site! Good news is I’m slowly but surely learning the basics of CSS coding just through trial and error, so hopefully such drastic changes will become rarer as I figure out how to only change what I actually want to change.

I know my coding has a bunch of redundant mess I’m sure, maybe sometime in the near future I’ll have enough donations to hire someone who actually knows what they’re doing to clear everything up, haha x.x

ResilientMonkey

Ha! πŸ™‚ As a disabled programmer, I may be able to help out a bit with the code πŸ™‚

As to the site, it is a tad clunky – but just a tad! πŸ˜‰

Some thoughts for you:
      1) Move the forum over to a dedicated forum system. This would enable a full set of BBS tools and be super easy to operate.
      2) A standard font for ease of readability. Some of us (me included) have vision deficits πŸ™‚
      3) Perhaps a Facebook group as well? They seem to be getting more popular!

Cleo
    Keymaster

Oh man if you’re offering help, I’ll gladly take it! Do you maybe want to DM me on Twitter so we can talk about this more easily? Or just hit me up with some links to look into and I’ll start researching when I sit down for another round of changes!

ResilientMonkey

Well, we just started talking on FB messenger πŸ˜‰ I do not do the Twitter sadly.

Let me see if I can pull some stuff together for you. It might be a day or two, I’m going to trade my motorcycle for a car tomorrow πŸ™‚

Cleo
    Keymaster

Also I don’t have a facebook group per se, but I do regularly post and interact with the facebook PAGE for Topless Topics: https://www.facebook.com/TopTopicsTV

What would the specific benefit of an FB GROUP be, do you think?

ResilientMonkey

A Facebook Group would be better for your followers to interact. Not sure how many you have yet, decent ones anyways πŸ˜‰ Because of the popularity it is pretty easy to get a good size group going. Then you can have polls, discussions, fun little contests, etc. to keep the interest going.

Cleo
    Keymaster

Okay, I’ll look into it. I’m not eager to sign myself up for yet another social media presence to monitor and promote, but if you think it’ll be helpful I’ll put it on my to-do list πŸ™‚

Bertxxx
    Participant

An observation Facebook is, in my opinion, quite invasive and I do not engage with it for that reason. I made an account to look at something and before I knew it I got dozens of emails telling me about somebody I may know, quite a lot of whom I did, I’m not sure how that happened and it was not what I wanted.

I guess if you do Facebook you may reach more people I think it tends to have a your friend liked this means of spreading.

No prizes for guessing Bert is not my real name but have registered from a genuine email account I think I could easily found if I did something really wrong. Many of our colleagues and friends know we enjoy a clothing optional holiday and t is no secret but there are those I do not need to tell and those I would avoid telling, similar would apply to supporting you. That makes this format ok to use for me anyway.

Nakedhippiefamily
    Participant

I think a Facebook group would be awesome, but it would have to be heavily moderated to keep creepers and the like out.

klbruenn
    Participant

Alas, I have not listened to all of your videos yet, so forgive me if I ask questions you have answered elsewhere.

On the one hand, I hear your frustration with corporate owned social media and their enforcement of “community standards”. I believe there are open source alternatives that would allow you to set up de-facto private social media sites, and if you are interested I will be glad to help research those.

But it seems your campaign is to change “community standards” in the US, correct? In that case, you are targeting corporate owned social media.

I visited Germany in 2000, and based upon what appears on free TV there, as well as a culture that allows FKK, I don’t think you would have “community standard” issues if your content were posted on corporate owned social media in Germany. Correct me if I’m wrong about that, because I am an old software engineer and you are obviously more expert on social media than I am.

The US is really hung up on sexualizing women and we get that from the 18th Century UK. It is a myth that the Eskimo have 50 different words for snow, but it is not a myth that English has a huge and growing vocabulary for characterizing women as sex objects and/or negatively. It is not surprising that your cause sometimes appears to be holding a candle in a hurricane. Nevertheless, profound social change can happen in a very short time; I am old enough to remember when homophobia, not gay marriage, was the custom in the US.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.