Very often as a #freethenipple and #normalizenudity activist, I receive questions from followers along the lines of “I’ve never been naked in public before–how do I get used to that without having unwanted physical responses like an erection?” Given that as a CIS woman I’ve never had to deal with an erection, unwanted or otherwise, I figured it would be more useful if I turned the question over to you guys instead!
Also, while I pretty much always receive this question from male-presenting followers, I figure similar advice might be applied to most any “nude in public for the first time” type situations, including general shyness, not knowing how to behave, etc., that could apply to ANY gender.
So I decided to turn this into a “community question” and give all of you a chance to weigh in with your advice on this, especially from men to men-
What is your advice to newcomers to nonsexual nudity, who want to enjoy the freedom and comaraderie without dealing with unwanted physical responses? Do you have any of your own personal experiences regarding this subject that you’d like to share?
How to Submit Your Answer
As with all Community Questions, video submissions are preferred (so I’m not the only one doing all the talking!) but if you prefer, text-only submissions are welcome also! Lots more info on how to submit your entry can be found on the Community Questions page, and I’ll copy-paste the basic guidelines here:
If you’re interested in participating, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- If submitting video or audio, please keep your submission under three minutes long. Also, don’t be offended if I only cut out a very small section of your submission for the final video. Your full video will be linked to in the description of the final video for others to watch if they wish to. 🙂
- If submitting a text post, please keep it under a few paragraphs. Unless you submit an audio reading with it, most likely I’ll show the text on screen while I (Cleo) read what it says aloud
- If submitting video or a picture to go alongside an audio or written post, please consider recording it topless or nude as it relates to the project, to further the goal of normalizing nonsexual nudity
- Also if you are uncomfortable or don’t feel safe including your identity in the submission, you can crop out your face, or send the file directly to me and ask me to blur out your face, and I would be happy to!
- I shouldn’t even need to say this, but PLEASE DON’T SUBMIT ANYTHING FEATURING SEXUAL ACTS OR BEHAVIOR. That’s not what these projects or the Topless Topics community is about. (If you’re confused what our purpose is here, please check out our FAQ: https://www.toplesstopics.org/contact/faq/)
How to Submit Your Entry
- You can upload your entry to the social media platform of your choice (keeping in mind that the vast majority of them will ban you for female nipples and/or genitals of any gender), then send me a link to your submission–either DM it to me on Twitter or Instagram, or email it to me; or
- upload your file to a website that actually supports nonsexual nudity like Vimeo; or
- send your file directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about this project, or if you’d just like to get to know other Topless Topics community members, then I invite you to join our Discord chatroom! You can do so free and easily here: