Holy moley, this newsletter is late TT_TT I have no excuse really, other than the rigors of parenting coupled with a week and a half of debilitating stomach flu, so let’s just get right into everything that’s been going on!
- Topless Topics 2019 Goals/Resolutions
And two months into the new year, I did another update video, with more solid plans and useful links detailing my progress towards some of those goals:
- Topless Topics Update 2/2019: Naked-Friendly Social Media, Store Ideas, Topfree Livestreaming
I also created an intro video to a new sort of video segment/show I’m starting, wherein I’ll be reviewing the good, the bad and the ugly Children’s Books I checked out from the library to read to my sons that month:
- Topless Topics Presents: Topless Children’s / Kids Book Reviews?!
- Topless Topics Political Rants: Ralph Northam, Al Franken, and the Hypocrisy of Whataboutism #OutragePolitics (P1)
- Topless Topics Does Terrible American and European Accents!
- Topless Topics Parenting: Top 10 Tips for Successful Breastfeeding!
The reason I’m listing the above Breastfeeding Tips video twice is that I want to try something–I want to see if this might finally be the video that I can get some popular parenting, feminist, or feminist parenting websites to say something about! After all, is this video not a great intersection between the feminist message of “all nipples should be treated equally” and parenting guide for setting yourself up to be a breastfeeding success? What this means is, dear Topless Topics supporters, I would love for you to help me try to get this video trending:
- Watch the Breastfeeding Tips video at https://www.toplesstopics.
org/topless-topics-parenting- top-10-tips-for-successful- breastfeeding/
- Use your favorite social media platforms (as well as in-person word of mouth!) to TWEET OUT THAT LINK, and make sure to tag/direct it towards any and all parenting, feminist, etc.-focused sites and organizations that you think might find it useful!
- Scary Mommy https://www.scarymommy.
- Perfect intersection of progressive parenting that I’m already a big fan of. However, I can only message them on my own so much before it becomes annoying spam–so please help the effort by sending them your own messages about why you think they should check out the video, and why!
- Bustle https://www.bustle.com/
- Progressive/civil justice/feminism focused website that might be interested in the #freethenipple angle, if not the parenting one
- The Mary Sue https://www.themarysue.
- Geek culture review site with a feminist focus. My breastfeeding video isn’t related to a game or movie per se, but they might be interested in the feminist angle? Feel free to message them about a more geek-focused video of mine if you’d rather, maybe this Bandersnatch review or this Fallout 76 I did with my mom? 😀
- Medium https://medium.com/
- News aggregate that covers a huge amount of topics, including feminism, parenting, and everything else this video represents!
- Your Blog/Site/Podcast/etc Here!
- Maybe you have your own website, podcast, etc. that you’re a contibutor to, and you might be interested in mentioning this or any of my videos in a future post? I have a huge variety of content already, so maybe there’s a video out there that might align with something you’d be interested in writing about on your site? For instance, just yesterday I was invited to offer my opinion on a book-reading podcast (I’ll be sure to tweet out as soon as it’s available online for listening!) Topless Topics of course isn’t specifically book-focused, but the creator of the podcast became a fan of my videos and thought I might have some valuable insight to the podcast, so we decided on a book we’d both read then expressed our opinions about it on an episode of his show. I’m always honored and happy to take part in anyone else’s projects, as long as you’re respectful! (I’m not gonna film a video about my favorite sexual positions for instance, but I’m happy to go on a podcast and talk about the many threats of sexual violence I’ve had to deal with, etc.)
- Record your video answer and upload it unlisted to Youtube, then email email@example.com with the link
- Record your video answer and upload it to your public channel, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the link
- Record your audio-only answer and either upload it and send me the link, or send me the file directly, if it’s small enough
- Record your answer and upload it to google drive, etc. (strongly don’t prefer this option as it’s harder for me to check for viruses, but if you must…)
- Submit a written answer for me to read aloud in the video to email@example.com with the subject line “Community Question Submission” (please keep your answer to a paragraph or two! If you want to submit a longer answer, I will include it in the website page for the video and will select a key line or two to read aloud in the video itself)
(in approximate order of how often they’re updated):
Video Game Livestreams: twitch.tv/toplesstopics